Can You Wear Socks With Birkenstocks? Many people have had an ongoing raging debate about whether or not it is acceptable to wear socks with Birkenstocks. While a group of people thinks it is perfectly acceptable and within stylish bounds, in contrast, others are not in favor of wearing Birkenstocks with socks.
Extraordinarily comfortable Birkenstocks are a famous summer-to-fall footwear choice. Currently, the Birkenstocks brand has put in efforts to jazz up things by introducing more stylish designs.
At first, the thought of wearing Birkenstocks with socks may make you nauseous, however, there are different ways to amp up the look.
Can You Wear Socks With Birkenstocks?
As per the poll results, the consensus on wearing socks with Birkenstocks is pretty split. However, the simple answer is yes, you can wear them as a fashion statement or to keep you warm during the winter months. Birkenstocks will become even more comfortable when worn with socks.
The key is to choose the right kind of socks to pair with Birkenstocks. Although you can wear regular socks if they fit comfortably into the shoes, it is best to stick to sandal-specific ones to add a bit of flair to the style.
Choose a pair of socks made from natural, thin, soft, and breathable materials like cotton or socks.
Birkenstocks are not designed to be worn with socks or any foot coverings, however, it is an innovative way of extending the style potential of the shoes while keeping the feet warm.
What Kind of Socks to Wear With Birkenstocks?
Although you can wear any type of socks without fearing judgment, it is important to find a pair that matches the shoes and the contours of the feet. These shoes work with most types of socks, choose the ones that offer optimal comfort and protection.
Here are some types of socks that go well with Birkenstocks
- Birkenstocks Socks – Birkenstock socks are specifically designed to go with these pairs. Undoubtedly, they will be a perfect add-on to amp up the style. These socks are made from wool or natural fiber to keep the feet warm and are good for Birkenstock Tracy sandals.
- Ankle-Length Socks – Ankle-length socks often pair up nicely with Birkenstocks, however, they can be a bit thick and bulky sometimes.
- Mid-Calf Socks – This pair of socks, made from thinner and finer fabric, matches the different styles and shapes of Birkenstocks.
- Long/Mid-calf Sock – The combination of long/mid-calf sock is usually mid-calf length and offers both warmth and a high level of cushioning.
When buying the socks to pair with Birkenstocks, choose the ones that fit nicely with a bit of wiggle room in the toe area for easy mobility.
Guidelines For Wearing Socks with Birkenstocks
The majority of Birkenstocks styles are designed to be worn without socks, however, it does not necessarily mean that you can not experiment with the look. Here are some guidelines you have to follow to look fashionable without sacrificing comfort.
- Choose the Right Type of Socks – Wearing thick and bulky socks made from polyester and nylon should be avoided, instead opt for thin, dressy socks. Thin socks are designed to work well with most sandals and have smoother tops.
- Pick the Right Color – Although most people do not pay due attention to the color and pattern of the socks, it is important to have socks with the proper color that matches the sandals.
- Length – When wearing socks with Birkenstocks, the socks should be approximately ½ or ¾ of your feet to the top of the Birkenstocks sandals.
FAQs: Can You Wear Socks With Birkenstocks?
Do you need to wear socks with Birkenstock shoes?
Wearing socks with Birkenstock shoes is a matter of personal preference. Many people choose to wear them without socks for a more casual and comfortable look, while others prefer to wear them with socks for added warmth and cushioning. It ultimately depends on your style and comfort preferences.
Will Birkenstocks break in with socks?
Birkenstock sandals typically break in and conform to the shape of your feet over time, whether you wear them with or without socks. Socks may have a minimal impact on the break-in process, but the primary factor is the sandals’ natural materials molding to your feet with regular wear.
What not to do with Birkenstocks?
To maintain the quality and longevity of your Birkenstocks, avoid submerging them in water, as excessive moisture can damage the cork footbed. Additionally, refrain from exposing them to high temperatures, like leaving them in direct sunlight, as this can cause the footbed to dry out and potentially crack.
What kind of socks to wear with Birkenstock clogs?
When wearing Birkenstock clogs, it’s common to opt for no-show or low-cut socks to maintain a casual and comfortable look. If you prefer added warmth and cushioning, you can choose lightweight, neutral-colored socks that complement your outfit while providing comfort in cooler weather.
Conclusion: Can You Wear Socks With Birkenstocks
Can You Wear Socks With Birkenstocks? To sum up, ensure to pick the right type of socks that complement the style and colors of the Birkenstocks sandals.