Overweight people also tend to pronate their feet more than what is healthy.
This can cause a lot of problems such as inflammation in the arch, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and even calcaneal spurs (heel bone).
The best solution for these issues is insoles that will stabilize your arches and provide relief from heel pain.
Keeping in mind the needs of overweight people when selecting insoles, we have compiled a list of the five best insoles for overweight people.
These insoles are made for overweight people and will provide the right support, so you walk without pain.
Our choices are based on comfortability, price, durability, customer satisfaction and how well they work for overweight people.
Best Insoles for Overweight Reviews
- Best Overall: Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles Arch Supports
- Runner UP: Dr. Scholl’s Heavy Duty Orthotics, for Man
- Affordable: Samurai Insoles Plantar Fasciitis Relief Arch Support Insoles
1. Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles Arch Supports. Best Insoles for Overweight
The Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles Arch Supports Orthotics Inserts Relieve Flat Feet, High Arch, Foot Pain is designed to provide relief for a variety of foot issues.
The ethylene-vinyl acetate construction is excellent for shock absorption and pain relief, while the deep heel cup helps to maintain correct foot positioning.
The arch support also enhances comfort and helps ease stress and pain caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis, and diabetes.
Their unique design can be used in shoes or boots for all types of leisure or everyday footwear.
They are best suitable for those who have a higher arch and need support.
These insoles can last up to 2 years under normal wear and tear conditions. Made in China, the Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles Arch Supports Orthotics Inserts Relieve Flat Feet, High Arch, Foot Pain come with an unconditional satisfaction guarantee so you can return them if you are not satisfied with the product.
The ethylene-vinyl acetate construction is excellent for shock absorption and pain relief.
- The deep heel cup helps to maintain correct foot positioning.
- The arch support also enhances comfort and helps ease stress and pain caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis and diabetes.
- They are best suitable for those who have a higher arch and need support.
- These insoles can last up to 2 years under normal wear and tear conditions.
- While they provide excellent support and cushioning, there is a break in period that takes about a week or two.
2. Dr. Scholl’s Heavy Duty Orthotics, for Men over 200lbs. Best Insoles for Overweight
Dr. Scholl’s Heavy Duty Support Pain Relief Orthotics are designed for men over 200 pounds who suffer from lower back pain and foot and leg fatigue from being on their feet.
The orthotics feature arch guard plus shock guard technology which distributes weight and reduces impact.
This can help to relieve lower back pain and foot and leg fatigue. The orthotics are also trim-to-fit, meaning they can be customized to fit in any shoe size.
They should be replaced every six months or at the first signs of wear.
To use, simply trim along the outline that matches your shoe size and insert it into shoes with the fabric side up.
Dr. Scholls is the best insoles for overweight people who need good quality insoles to reduce the weight on their feet and also provide comfort by reducing knee pain, back pain, or foot fatigue.
These flats are waterproof and sweatproof which makes them perfect for wearing all day long even in sweaty feet conditions.
- Arch guard plus shock guard technology distributes weight and reduces impact
- Relieves lower back pain and foot and leg fatigue
- Trim-to-fit design fits in any shoe size
- Waterproof and sweatproof
- May be too bulky for some
3. Samurai Insoles Ninjas Plantar Fasciitis Relief Arch Support Shoe Insoles
The samurai Insoles Ninjas are perfect insoles for overweight people as they are designed by a podiatrist to address the root cause of plantar fasciitis, shin splints, neuromas, tendonitis, and many other common foot issues.
An insole is a thin shoe insert typically made from foam or rubber that is placed inside a shoe to modify its inner fit.
In comparison, orthotics are prefabricated to control biomechanical function and correct alignment problems.
As a result, one should take precautions while buying insoles for walking as it may not address all the problems.
The Ninjas are made in the USA in a state-of-the-art orthotic laboratory and are guaranteed to provide relief.
They turn any shoe with a removable insole into a lean, mean comfort machine.
Podiatrist-designed for plantar fasciitis, shin splints, neuromas, tendonitis, and other common foot issues
- Made in the USA in a state-of-the-art orthotic laboratory
- Relief guaranteed or your money back
- Turns any shoe with a removable shoe insole into a lean, mean comfort machine
- May be expensive for some people
- Do not work well in high arched feet or flat feet
4. Powerstep Pinnacle Support Insoles, Relief Shoe Inserts. Best Insoles for Overweight
The Powerstep Pinnacle Maxx Arch Support Insoles is a high-quality and durable product that helps overweight people manage their weight more efficiently.
It provides pain relief while reducing stress on the feet, legs, and spine.
The arch support and cushioning help improve foot function and alleviate common foot conditions caused by overpronation.
The insoles are designed to fit most sized feet and can be used in a variety of shoe types.
They are made in the USA with customer satisfaction as a top priority.
The Powerstep Pinnacle Maxx Arch Support Insoles are a great choice for overweight people looking for relief and comfort.
If you are one of the many people who suffer from foot pain, overpronation or general discomfort while standing or walking, arch support insoles may be a good option for you.
Overweight people often have additional problems with their feet, including pain and excessive stress on the feet, ankles, legs, lower back and spine.
Customers who have purchased Powerstep Pinnacle Maxx Insoles claim to have experienced pain relief and decreased discomfort after using the product for a while.
The insoles are said to prevent more serious foot problems caused by overpronation, such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis.
- Can be used for most types of shoes
- Relieves pain caused by overpronation
- Helps prevent foot problems
- Perfect support and stability
- It May take some time to get used to
- Cannot be used in all shoe types
5. Dr. Scholl’s Work Insoles All-Day Shock Absorption and Reinforced Arch Support
Dr. Scholl’s Work Insoles for overweight people are worth buying if you are looking for something that absorbs shock, reduces muscle fatigue, and gives you all-day comfort.
The company has used cushioning to lessen the impact of shock and fatigue on the feet.
It also gives men’s 8-14 superior, all-day comfort. Cooling vents help keep your feet cool and dry on the job.
The company has also enhanced the shape and material to make it softer and bouncier.
The wave-shaped bottom side of this product is perfect for reducing stress on hard or uneven surfaces.
Moreover, the arch support makes sure that you will get comfort even if you are walking on your feet all day long.
If you need extra gel, you can trim the insole to fit your work boots/shoes, sneakers, or casual shoes. The product is also available for women 6-10.
- This product is perfect for reducing the pain in feet because of its shock absorbent and stress relieving design
- It is easy to fit and gives comfort with arch support.
- The company claims that you will move over 10% more each day if you use this product. It also comes with a clinical study proof.
- It is not suitable for all types of works because it has a specific design.
How to Pick Right Insoles for Overweight People?
Here are some factors you should consider while choosing the best insoles for overweight people:
- The type of insole: There are different types of insoles available in the market like arch support, cushioning or motion control. You need to choose the one that is most suitable for your needs and lifestyle.
- The level of comfort: Make sure to test out the insole before you buy it. It should be comfortable enough for you to wear all day long. Don’t forget that it will be inside your shoe. If it makes you sweat, slips or moves around inside the shoe, then there is no point buying it.
- The shape and size: Make sure the insole fits well with your shoes and feet shape. You can check out different types of insoles from different brands before choosing one.
- The cost: Choose a product that fits your budget so you don’t end up wasting money and regretting later on. However, choose quality over the price. If you buy an expensive but high quality insole, then it will be worth it at the end of the day.
- Manufacturer: Choose a brand that you trust. Check out their product’s features and reviews to see which one suits you best.
- Type of activity: There are different types of insoles for various activities like running, walking, hiking, etc. Make sure the insole is suitable for your type of activities.
FAQs: Best Insoles for Overweight
Q: What should I do if my insoles stink?
A: You can clean your insoles once in a while with mild soap and water. If the odor is still persistent, then you can sprinkle some baking soda on it. Baking soda helps to absorb any moisture and perspiration that may be causing the bad odor. Let it sit overnight and then vacuum it in the morning.
Q: Can I use my insoles for different activities?
A: It depends on the insole. Some insoles are designed for specific types of activities like running, walking, or hiking. However, there are some general-purpose insoles that can be used for multiple activities.
Q: How often should I change my insoles?
A: It depends on your activity level. If you are a very active person, then the insole will wear out quickly. You can check it after 3-6 months or even earlier if needed.
Conclusion: Best Insoles for Overweight
We hope that this buying guide will help you choose the best insole for overweight people that suits your needs and lifestyle. We have reviewed some of the best insoles in the market and hope that this will help you make a decision. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments section below.