How to Clean Shoe Insoles with Baking Soda? Do you ever have to clean your shoe insoles? It seems like every time I wear a new pair of shoes, the insoles need to be cleaned. And it’s not just the outside of my shoes – even the inside of my shoes get dirty.
But how do you clean your shoe insoles? Turns out, you can use baking soda to clean them up! And it’s actually really easy to do! Just follow these simple steps and your insoles will be sparkling clean in no time
How to Clean insoles with Baking Soda?
- Take off shoes and dry them off
- Put baking soda in a cup
- Put your shoes in the oven or on the stove
- Soak the insoles in a hot baking soda solution
- Dry the shoe insoles after cleaning
Take your shoes off and dry them off
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your shoes in a baking soda solution
- Let the shoes sit for about 10 minutes if orthotic insoles cleaning keep it for 15 minutes
- Remove the insoles from your shoes and dry them off with a duster or paper towel if memory foam insoles dont keep them in direct sun
- Enjoy your sparkling clean shoe insoles!
Put baking soda in a cup or bowl
- Fill the cup or bowl with water
- Put your shoes in the oven for about 20 minutes
- Remove your shoes and enjoy your sparkling clean shoes
Put your shoes in the oven
- Preheat your oven or stove to 350 degrees.
- Place your shoes in the oven or on the stove and wait for them to get hot.
- Pour a small amount of baking soda into a small bowl or mug.
- Pour a small amount of water onto the baking soda and then add enough soap to make a foam.
- Put your shoe insoles in the foam and then close the door of the oven or stove.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes so the baking soda and soap have time to work their magic.
- Once the insoles are clean, you can remove them from the oven or stove and enjoy your sparkling clean shoes!
Soak the insoles in the hot baking soda solution
- Remove the baking soda with a wet cloth and let it cool for a few minutes before using it.
- If you have a carpet or upholstery cleaner, you can also use that to clean your insoles.
Remove the insoles from the baking soda and let them cool down.
- Apply the baking soda to the insoles and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Get a plunger and pour the baking soda into the plunger.
- Put the plunger over the top of the insoles and push and pull until all of the baking soda is removed.
Is it Safe to Clean Insoles with Baking Soda?
While it’s true that you can clean shoe insoles with baking soda, there are three warnings you should keep in mind before doing so:
The baking soda will remove the oils from your insoles over time and make them look yellow.
You should either let the insoles sit in a hot baking soda solution for at least 10 minutes or let the baking soda sit on them for at least 20 minutes to kill off any ye olde mold that might have grown.
This can easily be seen if you compare an old pair of shoes to a new pair of shoes. The solution will discolor any leather or suede shoes that it comes into contact with.
FAQs: How to Clean Shoe Insoles with Baking Soda?
Can you use baking soda to clean insoles?
Yes, baking soda can be used to effectively clean insoles by removing odors, stains, and bacteria. Sprinkling a generous amount of baking soda onto the insoles, allowing it to sit for several hours or overnight, and then brushing or shaking off the excess can help refresh and clean the insoles.
How do you get the smell out of shoe insoles?
To eliminate odors from shoe insoles, you can sprinkle baking soda on the insoles and leave it overnight to absorb the smells, then shake or brush off the excess baking soda. Additionally, you can wash removable insoles with mild soap and water, allowing them to air dry thoroughly before reinserting them into your shoes to prevent future odors.
Does baking soda remove shoe odor?
Yes, baking soda is an effective and natural remedy to remove shoe odor. It works by absorbing and neutralizing the unpleasant odors, leaving your shoes smelling fresher and more pleasant.
Should you wash shoe insoles?
It depends on the type of insoles and the care instructions provided by the manufacturer. Removable insoles, particularly those made of fabric or foam, can often be washed with mild soap and water. However, it’s essential to check the manufacturer’s guidelines and ensure they are thoroughly dried before reinserting them into your shoes.
Conclusion: How to Clean Shoe Insoles with Baking Soda?
How to Clean Shoe Insoles with Baking Soda? By soaking your insoles in baking soda, you can help them to be clean and shining. This is the most effective way to clean your shoe insoles and it will save you time and energy in the long run.